Monday, June 11, 2007

06/11/17

We are coming to another end of another day. I am so grateful that we were able to get through this day. I was really worried that we would not be able to.

I spent a good part of the day sleeping. The anti-nausea medication made me really sleepy, which I welcomed since I felt awful. At about 3, I woke up for good and my temp was taken again.
My temp had raised to 101 and my blood pressure dropped to 96/48. The nurse took it 3 times to be sure it wasn't a fluke of some sort. We were unhappy to say that it wasn't. L

The nurse then got an order for Tylenol, which was something that my head was very happy for. I began nibbling on crackers and taking sips of water and lemon-lime soda. While my stomach was still weary, it wasn't nearly as upset as it was before.

I'm now on my 4th bag of fluid for the day. My body must have been a good bit dehydrated since even after about 2700 ml of fluid and drinking water, I still haven't filled my bladder once.

My fever has come down. I'm back to my normal 98.4, woo-hoo! So, we get to go another day.

Hopefully, everything will stay this way and tomorrow I can resume visitation. We've been told by both nurses and the doctor that Dusty is now in charge of making sure that visitors are healthy and sanitize when they come. If there is any doubt at all, then it's best for the visitor to wait a day or two.

No comments: