Monday, June 11, 2007

06/11/07

06/11/07 AM

Last night was really rough. I woke up around 1 AM really restess and unable to sleep. My back hurt, my tummy hurt, I couldn't get comfortable and was just plain miserable.

At about 2:15 I called the nurse because my tummy was so upset and I was hoping she could give me something to sleep.

The problem was the anti-nausea medication I was prescribed was by IV only. So, we decided to instead try some 7-up, laying on my side and resting.

One sip of soda and I was done for. I ran to the bathroom and started throwing up violently enough to wake Dusty up and get him out of bed. Thank goodness he was there, I was so sick and made such a mess.

While Dusty helped to clean me up, he called the Nurse. She called the doctor while putting me on the monitor. An IV was re-inserted. I was given fluids and the anti-nausea medication.

I quickly fell asleep. Every hour or so, the nurse would come in because I kept having contractions. I was so tired, I didn't feel them at all.

My temp was taken again at 6 and I had a fever. My fluids were upped to as high as they could safely go and the doctor was called.

I met with the doctor a little while ago. I have a viral infection which complicates everything. I cannot have any visitors until I am free of fever and all symptoms and I have to screen my visitors to prevent any more infections. My immune system is now weakened and we can't have this again.

Right now, I am on the fluids. The contractions have slowed down and Matthew's heart rate is staying steady. As long as those things continue, we can hold off on delivery. If they change, the plan changes.

So, our goal is to get through the next 24 hours as smooth as possible and put this bump behind us.

No comments: