Monday, June 4, 2007

06/04/07

I'm going to try and do a daily update with what's going on.

Right now, there aren't a lot of updates. I got my last steroid shot at 4 this morning. At the same time my IV blew and I had to get a new one. Ouch.

This morning, we met with the perinatologist. She asked what we would like done *if* I deliver this week. A problem we have is Matthew is breech. He is butt down. A cesarean section at this point has a higher risk of complications. Typically, the uterus is big enough to have a vertical cut, Matthew's is not. So, at this point we would have to have a horizontal cut. The risks of a horizontal cut would be the higher risk of maternal hemorging and the very high risk with future pregnancies experiancing uterine abruption, which could cause death.

Matthew is small now so a vaginal delivery would not be a problem and would not cause any damage to him, so we've decided that we would try to deliver him breech if I deliver very soon. As time progresses, we will obviously change to cesarean as soon as it's safe.

I have had my fluids limited. Since I'm on so many fluids and the magnesium slows my heart and my kidneys we have to try and prevent me from backwashing fluids into my lungs and causing future problems. That sucks. My mouth is always dry with the magnesium, so I can sip or chew on ice.

I am no longer on constant monitoring. My uterus is stable enough where I only have to be monitored for 1 hour every 8 hours. So, it's much easier to get comfortable.

I really want to thank everyone for everything. Thank you so much Nana and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa for taking over most of Kaitlyn's care for Dusty and I. I know from experiance that a 2 1/2 year old is not the easiest thing in the world and even daily visits of a couple of hours is a huge difference from total care. Thank you also to Aunt Christy and Uncle Dennis and Camaryn for being so supportive with Kaitlyn and bringing her to visit. I can't wait to see Camaryn again.

Thank you to Auntie Christina, Uncle Brian, Aunt Beth, Felecia, and everyone else for visiting. The time is going to slow. Thank you Melanie for the great time passing things that I am so sure are going to seriously come in handy over the next day or two.

Thank you Aunt Linda, Aunt Barbara, Aunt Inez and Penny for your phone calls. I sincerely and honestly appreciate all the kind words, positive thoughts and prayers, and I know that Dusty does too.

No comments: