Thursday, June 7, 2007

06/07/07

Well, we're half way through another day.

There isn't much new to report. I was weaned off the Magnesium yesterday. I felt a few small contractions last night, so I was monitored through the night to be sure labor hadn't started. I didn't have a single contraction all night or morning so I didn't have to be put on the Magnesium.

My IV site was starting to get red and puffy so it was removed to prevent infection. That was really nice. At least, it's nice until it has to be re-installed.

This morning I met with one of my new doctor's, Dr. Haesslein, who was very nice. He was really pleased with how strong Matthew's heart rate was on the monitor for his gestational age.

I have been scheduled to have a CVC test done on Saturday. This will give us a baseline for my white blood cell count so that it'll be easier to see if and when I develop an infection.

We again went over the plan, which is to stay pregnant until 34 weeks. We are going strong and trying to get past Sunday when the statistics are on my side.

I'm now finished with all but 1 antibiotic. I'll continue with the amoxicillian for a while because statistics have shown that it can help delay the onset of labor after rupture of amniotic fluid.

I'm a bit flemy today. I told the nurse who checked me all out. It's believed to be because of the Magnesium. The Magnesium left in my body is also causing some nose bleeds. Hopefully, it should all pass by tomorrow, if not, then he doctor will probably start more meds :(

I'd like to thank Mike and Mary for the beautiful flowers, Auntie Sammie for taking Kaitlyn to the zoo, Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, Auntie Christina and Auntie Christy for visiting last night. Thank you to Auntie Christy for the yummy candy and all the goodies she brought last night.

Thank you to Auntie Sammie, Papa, Kaitlyn, Aunt Stephanie, Uncle Craig and Hope for visiting today!

No comments: