Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 days of gratitude

For the month of November, I'm going to do my absolute best to blog each day about something I'm grateful for.

Day 1 -

Today, the first day of the month when both of our girls' was born, the month that follows the anniversary of Matthew's death, and the month before our third daughter is due to be born, I am thankful for my children.

I am grateful that they have been born to me.  I am grateful that when I need hugs and kisses, there are two sets of skinny little arms that will (usually) wrap their arms around my neck.  There is a scar that reminds me of where Matthew was delivered, a scar that I can normally see easily. 

I am grateful that they call me mommy, even on their most trying days.  I am grateful for the days we spend in our jammies and the middle of the night diaper changes that make everything fully worth it.

I am grateful to Kaitlyn, Matthew, Samantha, Charlotte and the little ones we never met. 

No comments: