Wednesday, November 28, 2012

36 weeks

Yesterday, I hit 36 weeks.  Up until Monday, it felt like time was going pretty quickly and I was handling it all pretty good.

On Monday, it all started to change.  By 3:30, my hips and thighs were hurting so bad.  All I wanted to do was take a bath.  With scorching hot water.  As soon as Dusty got home, that was what I went and did.  There was no way I could get the water hot enough.  And while it felt great when I was in there, as soon as I got out the pain was back.  Ugh.  All I wanted to do was try to go to sleep. 

Samantha didn't like that idea.  She didn't want to sleep in her bed.  On Sunday, I converted the crib back to the newborn settings and basically explained to Samantha that was she a big girl now and she was going to sleep in her big girl bed like a big girl.  At first, she seemed really excited about it.  Every once in a while, she would throw a fit about it.  Sunday, we skipped the nap for the day.  Which meant that she fell asleep on her way home from Sunday dinner at my parent's house, I was able to get her in the toddler bed by 8:30 and she stayed there until 8 am.

Monday, we skipped the nap again, hoping it would make it even easier to fall asleep that night.  I was wrong.  I ended up laying down with her so she would finally fall asleep around 11:30.  I was exhausted.  I was in pain.  I wanted to sleep.  She stayed asleep until Kaitlyn woke her up slamming the door at 9.

Tuesday was Dusty's birthday!  Happy Birthday!  (And my dad's!)  Samantha did take a nap around 3:30 and stayed asleep until 5:30.  I had to wake her up, it took about an hour to get her to wake up.

Around 3:30 on Tuesday, the pain was back.  Worse almost?  Tylenol was not touching the pain.  I could easily time contractions, but they were not consistent.  They went from every 20 minutes, to every 3.5 minutes to every 10 minutes to every 4.  I just wanted another bath.  Which, is what I did as soon as I got home.  Again, it couldn't get hot enough, it wouldn't stop the pain.  And now, add some cramps in.  And Samantha didn't want to go to sleep.  Eventually, she at least laid down and resting.

Most mornings, I feel pretty good.  If it wasn't for the belly and the urge to pee, it would be easy to pretend I wasn't pregnant.

This morning was not a good morning.  I woke up with cramping and pain.  I wanted a bath.  I started with tylenol, which didn't help.  A hot shower hasn't helped and what kept me going was the countdown to my appointment this morning.  Then, the doctor's office called and rescheduled for this afternoon since he was stuck in surgery.  Ugh. 

The only place that I feel any relief in pain is sitting on "my" end of our reclining couch.  And the relief is minimal at best.

As I was getting ready to leave for my appointment, it was rescheduled again.  One of the drawbacks about having a surgeon for an OB is the fact that there are times he's stuck in surgery.  Of course, the positives are an awesome scar and a lot of faith in knowing that there isn't anyone better to perform my surgery.

So, tomorrow, we will go in and see how 36 weeks is treating my body!

No comments: