Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 13 of gratitude - 34 weeks

Since this is the week of a thousand appointments all over the Sacramento area, I am grateful for reliable transportation.  It may not be the newest, the sportiest, or the prettiest thing on the block, but, it gets me to point A to point B.  And easily.  And without a massive, or any, car payment, with all of us fitting in one car.  And that is truly a blessing some days. I am incredibly thankful that we do not have to rely on public transportation or walk everywhere.  I seriously do not have any idea how people in cities where driving isn't really done do it.  I would go insane having to rely on a schedule of when I can get to from one place to another!

This week, Samantha had her 2 year check-up yesterday, I had my 34 week and LAST p17 injection today, Samantha has her Pediatric GI appointment tomorrow, Thursday is our free day (so I should spend it cleaning and party prepping!), Friday is parent/teacher conference for Kaitlyn and then Saturday is her birthday and party!

Today we hit 34 weeks!  A huge milestone.  I am done with getting p17 injections and I thought I would be done with weekly appointments, at least until I hit 36 weeks.  But, I was wrong.  I get to return next week for my Group B Strep test.  We had originally thought I would go in at 36 weeks to have the test done since I've never tested positive before.  But, I had a couple of contractions while I was there.  And, the last few nights I've had a couple of hours a night with steady contractions for 2-3 hours at a time.  They don't do anything, they don't get stronger and I did the same thing with Samantha, so it doesn't worry me.  Charlotte is also really low.  And since I have a history of preterm labor and delivery, he's worried I'll deliver earlier than my scheduled date, so I get to go back next week. 

My symptoms are pretty much the same.  Heartburn is horrific and every time I think it can't get any worse, it does.  I'm to the point where I almost dread eating.  A few times last week, I woke up in the middle of the night to get sick because of the reflux.  It's awful.  And she's already super low, so I cannot imagine her "dropping" is going to correct anything.  I am urinating more, which is to be expected when a 5-6 lb baby is doing handstands on your bladder all day.  From across a room you can now see my belly shift and feet poke out.  I much prefer that to when they decide to wedge in my ribs.  Dusty says to tickle them to move them out of the way.  But, I don't think she's ticklish, I think she's stubborn because it simply does not work.  I've gained a total of 39 lbs.  Not awful.  My blood pressure is perfect, my uterine growth is perfect and everything else is textbook.

Next week I am going to bring the rest of the baby stuff in from the storage room and start washing it.  It isn't much, the swing, the bassinet, some more burp cloths and swaddle blankets.  I took the side off the crib today once Samantha hurt herself trying to climb in.  She's never tried to climb out.  My goal is to give her a week with the side off to get used to it and then transition her into the big girl bed.  Once she's in the toddler bed, I'm raising the crib back up and getting it baby ready again.  And, I'll wash everything to pack in my "labor" bag. 

Only 36 more days until delivery!

No comments: