Tuesday, November 20, 2012

35 and 35

Today is one of the cool math days in pregnancy.

It's when I hit 35 weeks pregnant with 35 days to go until my due date. Kinda neat how that works out.

There are 29 days left until her scheduled delivery date. I need to get things ready to pack my bag. I need to set up the swing and bassinet. I need to finish Christmas shopping.

Today is the first Tuesday in nearly 5 months where I do not have to get a shot. I go in tomorrow for a 35 week appointment.

35 weeks is a huge deal to me. Our basic goals in this pregnancy were: healthy baby, reach viability, reach 90% survival rate, avoid NICU time, hit term. And that's it. At 35 weeks, most babies, especially girls, go home with mommy and avoid NICU time. The only goal left on our list is full term! 38 -39 weeks is ideal to me. And 38 weeks is only 3 weeks away!

Despite the worsening heartburn, the tummy aches, the sore back and hips and thighs, the swelling and utter exhaustion, I feel good. We've gotten through the birthday parties, Thanksgiving is right around the corner and Christmas shopping is halfway done.

29 days until Charlotte comes into the world...

No comments: