Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 10 of gratitude

Today I have a birthday party hangover.

Samantha's very hungry caterpillar party was a success. Our home was filled to the brim with friends and family. Samantha refused a nap for the entire day. I went back and forth through the day between running ahead of schedule with prepping and running behind. I promise I scaled back, but, sometimes I forget that an 8 1/2 month pregnant belly can make the simplest of tasks much more difficult and exhausting.

Samantha isn't quite as social as Kaitlyn was. She is perfectly content playing in her own world, ignoring anyone saying her name and refusing to smile for the camera.

She had fun playing with friends and family. She was awesome blowing out her number 2 candle, I only wish I would have gotten a better picture of it. I'm also disappointed that I realized this morning that we didn't get a family picture yesterday.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to throw our littlest one a party. The chance to give her balloons to play with, lollipops to eat, friends and family to play with and her own special day.

I am grateful to everyone that helped make it possible in every way.

No comments: