Sunday, August 8, 2010

99 days!!!

A normal pregnancy lasts 280 days.  If you consider that the first 13-14 days are filled with your body preparing an egg to drop from your ovary for fertilization, and then we waited 8 days to see those first set of double pink lines (what can I say, I'm obviously obsessed with peeing on stuff :P), of those first 280 days, the first 21 or so don't count.

So, from the day we found out I was pregnant, I was told I had to wait 259 days to meet our princess.  That feels so long!  It feels like a lifetime. 

And here we are, down to only 99 days until Samantha's due date.  If we assume that she will come no more than 3 weeks early, that leaves us to only 78 days.  That's only 2 1/2 months away.

And if we're only 99 days until her due date, than we're barely 100 or so days until Kaitlyn turns 6!  How did I get to be the mother of a 6 year old, a 3 year old angel and now a third little one??

In just a week and a day we'll be in the third trimester.  And with fingers crossed, we will be in the third trimester with the amniotic sac completely intact.  How awesome is that?

No comments: