Wednesday, August 18, 2010

27 week ultrasound




As you can see from above, I had my long awaited ultra sound this afternoon and all went well.

Samantha is measuring perfect for her gestational age.  If she keeps this up, we can just stick to the baby aspirin and not have to worry about daily heparin shots!  That would obviously be great news.

She is also in the head down position.  As long as she doesn't decide to turn again before delivery, we will only have a cesarean section if we wanted one.  I know I don't want one lol.  That was miserable and if I can do anything to avoid it, I will!

My cervix is measuring 3.5 cm.  If you measure over 3 at this point, the odds of preterm labor drop to under 2%.  Which is great, so it turns out I do not have an incompetent cervix.  This is also my last cervical check until close to delivery.  After 28 weeks your cervix should start to shorten in preparation for delivery so checks are no longer useful.

While my odds of preterm labor have dropped significantly, they cannot predict whether or not my water will break prematurity.  However, they do believe that if I continue with what I'm doing (p17 shots weekly, resting, plenty of water...) I should be able to get full term!

I have my p17 shot tomorrow and then next week I get to have an OB appt, my rhogam shot and p17 shot in addition to my gestational diabetes test.  It should be a fun day.

No comments: