Monday, July 23, 2007

07/23/07

07/23/07

Today is 31 weeks!! Yay us!

We just got back from the ultra sound. Last time, they brought the machine to me and didn't come in until nearly 6:00 PM! This time, they woke me up at 7:30 and wheeled me down to the first floor for my ultra sound.

Matthew is without a doubt a boy lol. I was somewhat concerned about it since we never got a very clear shot and we didn't have a 3-D ultrasound like I really wanted. But, this time it was evident.

Matthew is still breech, and it isn't going to change. His estimated weight is 3 lbs 12 ounces. That is great news. Premature babies born over 3 lbs 8 ounces have a much better chance of getting through delivery and the first few weeks without any major health problems or long term medical issues.

While I had ruptured at 23w5d, I still had a good amount of fluid considering. Normal is 5-25 cm. I had 8.8 and 8.4 at each ultrasound with several pockets of fluid. That level dropped considerably. As of today, I have just under 3 cm. Which officially gives us the condition of oligohydramnios. Which means, low level fluid. There are now 2 pockets, one at his face where his hands are also and one at his feet. Those are the most important places to have fluid, so we are glad the pockets are there.

So, Dr. Lanouette is supposed to return either today or Dr. Hedriana will tomorrow to determine what we will do. The fluid levels are low enough to worry about growth restriction, but at this point he's still growing really well. Both doctors have went on and on about how thrilled they are that we made it this far and what a huge difference it has made to Matthew :)

So, when I know more, so will you.

No comments: