Wednesday, July 4, 2007

07/04/07



First, I hope everyone has had a wonderful 4th of July and got to enjoy some yummy food and beautiful fireworks!

Everything here is basically the same. Tomorrow I'll be 28 weeks and 3 days, which is awesome. I am still experiencing contractions, just not close enough to require medical intervention yet. My blood pressure and temp are staying the same, which is awesome.

I still have some back and stomach pains. I learned why I have the bruising feeling on my stomach and it's a simple enough answer (thank goodness for the internet and ability to research things on my own!) Matthew is kicking like a normal 28 week old baby, the difference is that there isn't much cushioning between Matthew and my stomach muscles, so he's just beating the heck out of me. But, it's good to know he's nice and strong.

We knew that this pregnancy would be our last, prior to even finding out that he was a boy. Since we found out that I will be having a cesarean, Dusty and I thought it would be best to have a tubal ligation at the same time. Not only do we not want to have more children now that our family is complete, but with the high risk of another pregnancy resulting in premature rupture of membranes (and more than likely even earlier than in this pregnancy) and being so grateful that we've beaten the odds with this pregnancy, we do not want to take that risk again. After talking to the doctor today, we found out that we cannot have a tubal ligation at this hospital. Because it's a Catholic Hospital, it can only be approved if future pregnancy could or would result in maternal death. So, we will be taking care of that after being discharged.

Tomorrow we will meet again with the NICU team. Since the last time we met with them, Matthew has grown so much and the challenges he would likely face are so different than when we were first admitted. We will also be heading to a NICU tour sometime this week. Dusty and I will do it together so we can both have a good idea of what Matthew may look like when he is born.

That's all for today! Again, we hope you had a safe and happy holiday!

No comments: