Monday, October 4, 2010

We added a new member to the family!

And no, I did not deliver yet :P

Instead my youngest sister married her "one true love" (as Kaitlyn likes to put it) on Saturday surrounded by family and friends.  Before the wedding, Kaitlyn asked me how a wedding makes people married.  We discussed the promises people make to each other in front of everyone and to God to stay married forever.  Her response was simply that you can do that everywhere, why do you need a wedding to be married.  Finally she told me that she believed that when you kiss after the wedding, it's the kiss of true love and it makes you married forever.  I like that idea.

Wedding preparation started Friday.  Well, actually it started over a year ago, but our hard core get it done weekend started Friday.  We decorated, had lunch, had manicures and pedicures, practiced the ceremony and then had a yummy dinner before heading to the hyatt to spend the night with Samantha before she traded her last name in for another.



Kaitlyn was obviously SO excited to be the flower girl and took her job seriously ;)

Saturday morning (after being awakened by the hooker next door much too early) we all started getting ready!  Jen Edens did an AMAZING job and made sure to make it fun ;)  The non-pregnant, non-five year old girls enjoyed mimosas and we all had some pastries and fruit.







Before we knew it, the time had come to get to the wedding.  Samantha's photographers did some bridesmaid shots at the hotel and then we started walking down K street to the waiting cars that were taking us to the Capital Plaza Ballroom for the ceremony and reception.

I can't wait to see the pictures they got!

The ceremony was beautiful!  Kaitlyn performed her duties as flower girl perfectly.  She chose to sit next to Grandma and Grandpa and Great-Grandma Mauda during the ceremony and sat still pretty much the whole time.  Then, it was time for more picture taking before we headed down to mingle at the reception.

I was very proud of Kaitlyn, when they did the announcement of the bridal party.  She did her Miss America walk down the steps and then the "daddy" dance until she got to Grandma's seat.  I REALLY hope someone got pictures or video of it, I would love to see it in action.  AND, it only cost me $2 to get her to do it :P

The reception was beautiful.  Everything was perfect, food was delicious, dancing was great and everyone was gorgeous.  I really wanted to stay until the bride and groom left, but I couldn't.  Kaitlyn was passed out in a chair by 8:30 and I was finished by the same time.  It was too much for me in one weekend.  :)














And I need to give a special thank you to Dusty for being absolutely AMAZING.  Not only did he run a few blocks when both Christina and I forgot our speech in the car, but he also made sure to take care of getting all the gifts out of the venue, AND he carried a sleeping Kaitlyn to the car, got me in the car and took me home.  Then, as I got home and laid down so that I could rest and he took all the bobby pins and the hair comb out of my hair for me.  I really lucked out to marry such an awesome man.

So David, welcome to the family!

1 comment:

Lori said...

You all are just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Congrats on the new family member!