Monday, October 25, 2010

37 weeks pregnant :)




How far along? 37 weeks!  We are FULL TERM.  Seriously, I never thought again we would have a full term, uncomplicated pregnancy.  When I asked my OB about future pregnancies after Matthew was born he said I had a 70% chance of recurrence and typically it occurs even earlier in subsequent pregnancies.  When we then had 3 first trimester miscarriages, I assumed it was a sign of all our future pregnancies.  But, instead we have been truly blessed.  And let me tell you, I don't think I have ever before appreciated so fully how amazing it is to be full term in a pregnancy and know that we get to keep this baby with us and take her home with us.  Knowing that her risks factors for SIDS are lower, her risk factors for learning disabilities, physical disabilities and lung problems are lower just because my body decided to do what it is supposed to.  Let me tell you, I can assure you going to the doctor at least once a week for the last 5 months, going to the perinatologist on a bi-weekly basis, being injected with a thick medication that is put inside of castor oil (isn't that crazy, p17 is typically put into castor oil and helps prevent pregnancy, the same oil that some women ingest to try and induce labor!) and causes severe itching and pain, all of it has been more than worth it.
Weight gain/loss: 43 pounds.  Gain ;)  I'm pretty sure I'm not going to gain much, if any more.  My appetite is staying the same, but for days I haven't even gained an ounce.
Maternity Clothes?  I've outgrown nearly all my tops, they are all too short now so my tummy sticks out.  I've resorted to either wearing a tank like you see above under my clothes, which usually looks ridiculous or borrowing Dusty's.  Of course I've had a few people say that there is no way I'm so close to my due date haha.  And I'm still arguing with strangers that it is in fact a girl regardless of the perfect basketball shape my tummy has lol.
Stretch Marks?  Nope.
Sleep? It's getting better.  I get to sleep in 2 4 hour increments, which isn't bad.  I get up to use the restroom and go back to sleep.  I usually can't sleep past 6 and wake up with awful heartburn.
Best moment this week?  It's amazing to know that this could possibly be our last weekend without a baby in our arms.  And this past week we had our LAST p17 shot!  Everything is ready for her, Dusty's FMLA paperwork is filled out, he figured out his time off and work schedule for after she is born (he is taking 3 weeks off then a month of half days so I don't have to take Samantha with me to pick up Kaitlyn from school), labor bags are packed (still), camera bags are ready (batteries are charged!) and everyday I make sure to put on make-up just in case we go into labor that day :P
Food Cravings?  Milk.  Still.
Belly Button, in or out?  Out.
What I miss?  Not having heartburn.  Being able to get out of a chair.  Being able to get off the ground by myself.  Not having to search out restrooms constantly to pee.
Weekly Wisdom? Enjoy every moment of pregnancy!  Realize how fortunate you are to be blessed with the baby you're carrying, and relish in even the most uncomfortable of pregnancy symptoms.
Upcoming Appointments?  Wednesday we have our 37 week appointment.  It will be the first time I get to go to the OB office since like May and not get a shot!  We *might* even schedule our "just in case" cesarean. Depending on if my cervix has done anything, if she has moved down any and what the liklihood is of our needing a cesarean.   I am also headed to the chiropractor today.  I feel like she has moved down a little bit, but not much, so I'm getting adjusted and hoping that will encourage her to move more into my pelvis and be that much closer to coming out :)

No comments: