Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pushing It

Friday night I went with Dusty to his work holiday party.  We're pretty lucky that we get to take the girls with us, and it's a pretty relaxed environment.  I started to get a tummy ache while we were there.  I thought maybe it was from indigestion, or maybe because I had barely eaten all day because I stayed so busy unloading all the heavy boxes from storage into the house, carrying laundry through the house, emptying out my closet, then filling it with all my "regular" clothes and of course doing all the decorating, tree setting up and wrapping of presents.

At about 2:30 in the morning, I woke up in the most pain I'd ever been in.  Like, worse than the first time trying to walk, sneeze or cough after a cesarean.  It was bad.  Again, I figured I was just getting sick.  I had a slight temp and the start of a migraine.  Dusty brought me tylenol and helped me to get Samantha when she needed to eat.  I tried to sleep as much as possible, convinced that all I needed was rest and tylenol.  Dusty was great and brought Samantha to me for feedings and I tried to sleep.  I really wanted to keep our afternoon and evening plans.

At about 2:30, I tried for a shower.  It wasn't getting any better.  My mom took Kaitlyn to her sleep over and I went back to bed.

Sunday was a little better.  The pain and fever had subsided and at that point I was just feeling like my stomach was upset.

I was starting to feel better, but then I noticed, whenever I did anything even remotely strenuous, it would hurt so bad. 

Then it hit me.  I hadn't been sick, I hurt myself.  I haven't been taking it easy.  I felt healed, I mean it has been 5 weeks (today as a matter of fact!), and I'm young (still 18 months from saying good-bye to my twenties), I should be able to do whatever I want.  My abdominal wall obviously thinks different.

I had originally planned on finishing up my Christmas shopping today, then wrapping them tomorrow before heading up to Discovery Kingdom.  Instead, I stayed home to take it easy.  The problem is, I do not know how to take it easy.  I know what it means.  I know what I should do.  But, I can't.  I get so antsy that I just can't do it.  My taking it easy today was cleaning all the bathrooms, doing all the sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, re-organizing Kaitlyn's room, cleaning up everywhere and doing laundry.  I'm just not good at sitting here, doing nothing.  And I wish that I was.

So, tomorrow, I'm going to do some Christmas shopping, do some Christmas wrapping and then go to Discovery Kingdom and enjoy the Holiday in the park with some of my most favorite people in the world: Dusty, Kaitlyn and Samantha and hopefully enjoy some hot chocolate!  Then, work on more shopping through the week.  Slowly, and letting Dusty help me wrap them.  Of course, he doesn't know it yet ;)

No comments: