Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My 6 week check-up

Last Monday, I had my 6 week check-up.  Aside from the fact that it ran super late, it went really good.

I'm all healed up and released back to my normal routine of whatever I want to do.  My incision looks awesome and I know the scar is going to be so much better than it was before, so I guess in a way, that almost makes not having a VBAC worth it in a vain way :P

Blood pressure was great as always, I'm in great health, my uterus is back to it's normal shape and for some this may be TMI, but I already have AF back.  Which is shocking to me.  With Kaitlyn I didn't get it back until she was 10 months old, and with Matthew, it was a little over a month after he passed away and nursing obviously ended.  So, to get it back at 5 weeks this time was different.

When I went in, my weight was at 141, I hadn't lost a pound since the 3 week check up, but looking at my diet, I wasn't too surprised.  I was given the goal of getting to 125 - 130 by my yearly exam in February.  Which, I do think is a realistic goal, especially with how my metabolism tends to be.  Still, I don't want to just lose it, I want to be in good shape and toned.  After 39 weeks on restricted activity with most days spent with my feet up and then resting after delivery, my muscles are crap.  Since my appointment 6 pounds melted off (which really helps with buttoning my pants) but starting next Tuesday we start eating better and I start going to the gym every day with Dusty.  My goal is to be bikini worth by May!

No comments: