Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our first day

Today was the first day where we went back to a "normal" schedule since Samantha's been born.  Considering that she's 8 weeks old today, that's pretty good!

Kaitlyn went back to school today after winter vacation, Dusty had already went back to 8 hours a day last week, and we're in the swing of our new normal.  I have to say, I think it went pretty good.

I managed to get Kaitlyn to school today.  Considering that she was still fighting sleep at 11 last night, I was happy.  It was a battle this morning and it didn't help that it seemed at 4 AM Samantha entered into a growth spurt stage, but we got through it.

While Kaitlyn got ready for school, I did a load of laundry and the dishes.  I got her to school, came home with Samantha, fed her and put her in one of her favorite places: her swing.  I took a shower, I did the rest of the laundry, I made the beds, I made sure everything was picked up and put away.  I put some make-up on and got dressed so I could head to the gym at work.  I worked out for the first time since 2008.  I started slow, I'll work my way up thank you very much :P  I took care of making appointments and getting some stuff mailed out.  Kaitlyn goes to the eye doctor tomorrow afternoon and the dentist Monday for that tooth that is sticking out Sponge Bob style.

I picked Kaitlyn up from school.  I swept all the floors, I swiffered all three bathrooms.  I dust mopped the hardwood floors and kitchen.  I steam mopped them after.  I cooked dinner.  I fixed the vacuum (at least it sucks up now, of course after 3 minutes the motor dies out, I cannot wait for my new one to get here Friday!!) and vacuumed the living room before getting too frustrated.  I fed everyone.  I got Samantha her bath and Kaitlyn in bed.  I ate.  I typed.  I fed Samantha every hour and a half.  I changed a lot of diapers.  I looked up how to make baby legs and started looking at a ton to buy.  I had lots of bonding and cuddling time with my baby girl.  I helped my big girl with her homework and talked about her day with my big girl.

It was a good day.  I'm looking forward to it tomorrow.  And the next day.  And the day after....

No comments: