Saturday, January 29, 2011

In the Nick of Time

As I blogged earlier this week, we were given the oh so fun task of collection Samantha's poo for 3 days, smearing it onto special little cards and taking it to the lab.  Our little miss likes to go in the evenings and every couple of days, she'll skip a day.  I was really hoping she would just do great, go in the morning, at home, finish up on Friday and get the results back in the 3 or so days the dr. thoughts we would.  Which would mean, if there was no blood in her stools, I could go back to eating!  YAY!!  Sounds like a great plan right?

Wednesday went great.  She went at home, I tried to get the mucousy gross stuff smeared neatly on the little card.  It was ok.  Thursday night though was another story.  I normally like to get into bed by like 10, asleep by 10:12 and be good.  By 10, she hadn't pooped yet for the day.  Knowing that this would set us back through the weekend, I waited.  And waited.  And waited.  Finally, at 11:45, with only 15 minutes to go, she went.  I never thought I would be so glad to see poop.  Phew, I could go to bed.

Friday morning, she went by 9 and we had all the samples to the lab, I figured this way we might get an answer by Monday.  I asked the lab tech when my doctor should have the results.  She said it normally takes a week??!!!???  Holy Moly!

Since then, she has been nursing every hour and a half.  Around the clock.  She is either going through her 3 month growth spurt early or my supply is decreasing :(  I worry it's the later and I am going to try and bulk on some calories and lots of water the next couple of days and just hope for the best!!

No comments: