Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Single Digits

As of yesterday, we're officially in the single digit weeks until Charlotte's due date.

As of today, there are 8 weeks and 6 days until Charlotte's due date.  61 days until Christmas people!  Um, what???  How is that possible?  Well, I know how it's possible, I just have a hard time believing it's possible.

Our tentative delivery date is 39w3 days.  Which, is only 57 days away.  Charlotte (do you know how many times I accidentally type Samantha and have to delete it?  It feels like we were just here) is measuring larger than any of our previous babies at this age, by quite a bit.  She is about 4 1/2 lbs right now and entering the gestational age where most babies begin their growth spurts.  So, we may be able to move that day up.  We should be able to schedule our delivery day on Tuesday.  Obviously, she could decide to come before then, but, we're hoping she stays put until 38 weeks.

My weight gain is steady, my heart burn is getting worse by the minute, and she is a moving and a shaking in there.

I don't think Samantha has any idea what is about to happen in her world.  I think she'd be perfectly happy to just keep saying "nice baby" while petting my stomach for the rest of toddlerhood. 

Charlotte's "take me home" outfit is all purchased, washed and ready to be packed.  I'm trying to wait until 35 weeks (which is only a month away!) to pack my bag.  I already know what to pack, I just want to iron my maternity hospital gown, and make sure everything smells nice and fresh. 

I am definitely feeling heavier and more tired at this point.  I get winded just from picking up a couple of rooms when cleaning.  I have to sit down more often and make sure I drink water or I end up just absolutely miserable for the rest of the day.

For those that have asked, we are not having a baby shower this time around.  While I am a big believer in celebrating every baby, I just do not think there is enough time in the calendar to do something before I'm too miserable to want to socialize.  ;)  This weekend we have cheer playoff games, next weekend we have cheer competition, the following weekend is Samantha's birthday, the next is Kaitlyn's, the next is Thanksgiving, then Dusty and my dad's birthdays, and after that we're in December and I'm 37 weeks pregnant....

Here's hoping that everyone is having a wonderful October and as excited as I am for Christmas this year!

No comments: