Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Priorities

Be warned, this is a rant. It doesn't require a response, but if I don't get it out, I will explode and that is not a pretty look.

I always put forth a lot of effort when it comes to people. I try to remember people's birthdays and aknowledge them, I send pictures, cards, post cards, greetings and try to include people in everything.

I am SO SICK of being at the bottom of some people's priority lists.

With some people, I began to notice it when Kaitlyn was born. It has progressed over the past 3 years and has gotten to the point where it makes me want to vomit.

So, I am rearranging my priorites. I have 2 gorgoeus children. They are both incredibly important to me. Matthew may have passed, but that doesn't mean he means any less to me than he does. It breaks my heart to know that his time here was taken for granted. But, I am thankful that we treasured his time here and created so many happy memories as a family. I will not let Kaitlyn's time here be taken for granted.

From now on, those who do not put us on their priority list and who do not make time for us will not be on our priority list. Kaitlyn has already lost her brother, I will not let her be dissapointed by others. Life is too short, too precious and she is too amazing not to spend time with people who want her company.

Rant over. My face is a little less red and I'm breathing a little better.

No comments: