Monday, February 27, 2012

Kaitlyn's week off

Instead of having President's day off, Kaitlyn's school got the whole week off for "midwinter break."

We decided to make it an awesome and busy kinda week.

We started off on Saturday with me getting some work done and us having everyone's favorite dinner: make your own pizza!

Sunday night we left Samantha with grandma and grandpa while Kaitlyn and I drove to San Jose for the Big Time Rush concert.  She did a lot of screaming.  I did a lot of giggling.  A lot of girls did a lot of swooning.

After a late night out, we spent Monday relaxing and hanging out at home.  We got to play games, watch TV and all that good stuff.

Tuesday, I went to the March of Dimes Kick Off while Kaitlyn hung out with daddy at work, riding her bikes and all that good stuff.  That evening we went to the in-laws for dinner.

Wednesday, we picked up Kaitlyn's cousin Camaryn and headed to Chick Fil A for some grub and some play.  We left there and headed for the botanical garden to take some pictures before we went to find a park.  We did not find the park.  So, we headed to Nana and Papa's for a bit and headed back to work.

Thursday we met one of my favorite and closest friends and her little ones at Fairy Tale Town for a day of playing and fun.  It was also going to be a pictures in the park day, but the wind was ferocious, so it didn't work out that way.  I did get this picture there, that I'm sure will be the topic of an upcoming post.



Friday, we went to John's Incredible Pizza and Hobby Lobby to end the free weekday portion of her vacation!  She had a blast running around everywhere and winning the claw machine and lots of dinosaurs!

Saturday we helped through my youngest sister's Golden birthday.  I will have a TON more pictures to post of this later.  But, I have to say, aside from the nutella fondue bar, the photo booth was my favorite.  As you may be able to tell, Kaitlyn absolutely LOVED having a remote to take as many pictures as she could.  I can't tell you how many times I walked by and the camera was pointed down....




Sunday, Kaitlyn had another fun day going roller skating with one of her BFFs.  Then, we headed over to my parents for Sunday dinner.

Kaitlyn woke up this morning not at all ready for the week to end.  Samantha was ready to go back to her regular schedule and napping at home, and I had a ton of fun all week, but am exhausted and used way too much gas for it to be over $4 a gallon, and I was excited to get back to our schedule today.

How was your week?  Any leap year plans?

No comments: