Monday, February 28, 2011

Why I love Charlie Sheen

First of all, because I think he's right.  About a lot of things.  Both of what he is saying and not saying.


Do I promote the use of drugs, hookers and excessive drinking?  Of course not.  But, it isn't really any of my business what someone, who is contributing to society, does with their life.  If he has the money for it, is still paying taxes, isn't hurting anyone and not judging others for not participating, who cares???

Here are some of Charlie Sheen's most recent quotes:

  • "I'm tired of pretending I'm not special."  <- ME too!!
  • "Like I'm not a bitchin' rock star from mars." <- continued after above quote, but again, very true!
  • "Defeat is not an option."  <- So true!  As soon as you accept defeat, you fail.  You cannot give up!
  • "Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words – imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists." <- Just think it's hilarious.  

If you're like me and only just now getting caught up with the whole Charlie Sheen debacle, there is so much more.  It is hysterical.  And so much of it is true.

I just do not get why he is, or really why any celebrity is ever, such a big news story.  It really makes me question where society is headed.  I wonder if maybe more attention was given to the constantly raising prices of gasoline, or the actual daily battles that people struggle with in the middle East, if those problems would still exist.  Typically we trash, bash and belittle a celebrity that doesn't stand up to our high moral codes (that, let's face it, many American's don't stand up to), they enter rehab, donate millions to charity and go from drinking the blood of their now ex-husband to adopting a child from every country and becoming idolized.  It's sickening. 

I think I'm at this point, where I don't care.  I don't care what celebrities do, because in the grand scheme of things, who really cares and who is it really affecting?  I'm sure in Libya, the last thing they are concerned with is whether or not Charlie Sheen trashed a hotel room that he has ample funds to pay for.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I agree with you to a point. I guess his most recent activity could be described as harmless, but lets not forget that he shot someone in the past and more recently held a knife to his wife's throat.

The rest of it...the drugs and prostitutes and partying and insane interviews...I don't care about or even follow too much. I do think it's sad for his kids though.

I'd love to have one day go by where neither him or Lindsey Lohan are in the news. And I do like my celeb gossip, but enough is enough. lol