Friday, February 25, 2011

Cloth Diapering

When Samantha was sick, I was using disposable diapers.  It just made more sense, seeing how we went through 80 diapers in 4 days, to just use the disposables we had, throw away the diarrhea, then to use cloth, and wash, wash, wash in addition to taking care of a little sick girl.

Now that she is better (YAY!!!), we are back to cloth.  And, I have to tell you, I missed it.  I like cloth diapering.  When we first started, it was ok.  I didn't love it.  But, it was doable.  It made the most sense on so many levels and so I was bound and determined to make it work.  And let me tell you, I have no complaints.  I have actually started to prefer it to disposable diapers.  They are easy to use, they are super soft, they absorb more, they wash easily, they are way cuter, I don't have to worry about diaper covers with dresses, I don't have to look at tacky characters on them, they are comfortable on her and I don't ever have to worry about them exposing little gel crystals on her.  If we have another, I would so start cloth diapering younger.  It has just been so easy.  AND, I haven't once had to run out in the middle of the night, day or morning to grab diapers because I wasn't paying attention and we ran out.  I haven't had to deal with the stink of the diaper genie.  It has just been easy.

So, if you have EVER considered it, I recommend it.  Whole heartedly recommend it.  It's really that awesome.  And right now, there is this awesome giveaway for a whole set-up from bumGenius on KellyWels blog.  Be sure to check it out!

No comments: