Friday, July 16, 2010

Oh the progress we have made!

This week we have made a ton of progress when it comes to being ready for little Samantha's arrival!

Her bedding set will be here on Monday!  The only parts we still need to get to complete it is the mobile and the valance.  We may or may not use the ones that match the bedding set.  It's so hard to decide when I can't see and feel it in person.



And really, I don't know how much I love the valance.  I almost think I want to make one.  I bought these great cookie cutters:



I was thinking about using them as a template to cut out birds in material that matches the bedding, doing a blue valance, and then making it look like there are birds on a branch or something like that.  Or just keeping it simple.

We picked out our paint colors and hopefully with Grandma's help we will have it all painted next weekend.  We are doing a sky like blue color on the walls.  Then, behind the crib we will be using our wall vinyl.  I ordered this one off of etsy and asked that they make it without the owls :)



I am still looking for a name decal that I love.  While I was at Target the other day, I found the perfect green rug to put in front of the crib.

We also just ordered the name vinyl for the nursery :)  I am doing carnation pink birds with a tan banner, then her name will come through in the same color as the wall.  I think it'll turn out cute :)




We also bought our car seat and stroller combo set and I am so excited.  I absolutely love it.



It is the Chicco Cortina Travel System in sahara.  The main reason we chose it is it is not only the top rated infant car seat, but it also holds and cradles babies as little as 4 pounds.  So, even if Samantha makes an early appearance, she'll have a comfy way to get home!

Today, we ordered Samantha's swing.  We found an awesome deal and ordered it immediately!



And lastly, in case she arrives before Halloween, or just for some cute fall/newborn pictures, we bought her this super cute outfit.  I cannot wait to get it:


It's an owl ;)

So, we are nearly done!  Thanks to Dorin and Nicole lending us their co-sleeper, the only things left on my must go get list is the nap nanny and the playard that we are going to use as our living/play room changing table and bassinet and we'll get those as soon as I get a decent babies r us coupon lol!  All we need to do is put it all together and then wait!

I think I'm going to be really excited to see the mailman the next couple of weeks ;)

1 comment:

nbrandusa said...

Wow that is some amazing progress! I LOVE wall decals (as your might have noticed lol) and definitely want to do something with them for our next baby :) Oh and Isaiah loved the Lamb swing, it was the only thing he would sleep in for the first 6 months! lol