Saturday, July 24, 2010

Milestone number 2: Check

Milestone number one was to get through the first trimester.  It feels like forever ago that we passed that 12 week mark with a healthy little baby that had a strong beating heart.

Somehow, I woke up one day and was half way through this pregnancy!!  It seems insane.

My perinatologists first goal (aside from not miscarrying) was to get this pregnancy further than my pregnancy with Matthew without my water breaking.  I was 23 weeks, 5 days and 30 minutes pregnant when my water broke (approximately since I was sleeping), right now, I am 23 weeks, 5 days, 10 hours and 52 minutes pregnant with my water still in tact!  On Monday I hit viability, the point where if baby is born doctors will take heroic measures to save it's life without parents insisting.  The point where baby has a chance of survival (according to a study last June, 67% of babies born at 24 weeks survive) and a chance at life.

1 comment:

... said...

I have been thinking about you ALL day today. I'm glad to hear things are good. Happy baking Mama! :)