Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kaitlyn Turns 6

6 years ago today, right at this time I was on all fours in on our bedroom floor, having Archie sniff at me because I was rocking in pain.  I know labor was supposed to hurt, but this seemed a little cruel and unnecessary.  We waited until nearly 1 to go into the hospital.  After being sent home earlier in the day, I was sure that I was going to be sent home again, I just wanted to be sure that I had something to help with the pain.

When I arrived at the hospital, I was dilated to a 5, I was staying AND I was getting an epidural.  Yay!!

By 9:30 that night, our little princess was born.



Kaitlyn was 7 lbs, 3 ounces and 20 inches in length, born November 17, 2004 on her Uncle Dennis' birthday.


In the past 6 years, Kaitlyn has grown so much. She's over 48" tall and 45 lbs(official measurements at her physical next month!), wearing a size 6 on top and a slim 6 on bottom, sometimes a slim 7 for length.  She wears a size 13 shoe and loves sketchers twinkle toes.

Kaitlyn is doing amazing in school.  There is very little she can't read and understand.  Which means everything from board games to DS games to picking her favorite show on demand is easy for her.  Officially she is reading and comprehending at a third grade level, which is even more impressive since she is the youngest in her first grade class.  She is doing wonderful in math, working on addition, subtraction and algebra.  She loves singing songs and we cannot wait for her parent/teacher conference tomorrow.

She loves iCarly, monster high, Scooby Doo, and most of all, Zombies lol.  She is full of energy, a great eater and has a habit of pointing out what she finds appropriate ;)

Above all else, she is just absolutely amazing and makes us proud each and every single day. 

No comments: