Sunday, November 14, 2010

Due Date


Today is my due date, and in my arms I hold a precious 5 day old little girl.

And, on this day, 6 years ago, I was anxiously awaiting our first princess to arrive, which she did, 3 days from now.  That's right, Kaitlyn, a very proud big sister, turns 6 in only 3 days.  Where in the world has the time gone??

Samantha is doing great.  She is a pretty laid back baby.  For the most part, she eats, sleeps and poops lol.  She has started to have some longer awake periods.  As long as 20 minutes about 3 times a day.  She is incredibly strong.  Dusty has held her and had her doing nearly a complete sit-up, and she tries so hard to push herself up and hold her head up.  She can do pretty good for a second or so.  And when she's awake, she's so incredibly alert, she loves when we sing to her (especially Kaitlyn) and is just pretty content.

Since I'm still healing, it is way easier for me to rest on the couch with the recliner option in full force.  She loves her bassinet from Auntie Christina and Auntie Sammie.  If she's swaddled and the vibrator part is on, she'll sleep in it for over an hour.  At night, she sleeps in her co-sleeper next to me and wakes up every 1-3 hours to be changed and fed and usually goes back to sleep so easy after.  During the day, when she's not in the bassinet, she gets held a lot.  Dusty teases me that I'll regret it when she doesn't want to be put down, and I told him she won't be this small for long, and I'd rather regret holding her too much than not enough.

Tomorrow she has her well baby visit.  She left the hospital weighing 7 lbs 5 oz, down from her 7 lb 13 ounce birth weight, and I'm really curious to see what her weight is now.  :)

No comments: