Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is the time of year where we traditionally show thanks for those things in life that we are grateful for.  We truly have so much to be thankful for.

For starters, I am thankful that I not only found, but also married such an amazing man.  Dusty has been amazing, he not only gets my sense of humor but shares it with me, I don't ever feel like I have to "try" with him, he is a helpful and understanding husband, he is a loving and devoted daddy and he truly is just perfect for me. 

I am thankful that we have 3 beautiful children.  Kaitlyn who is smart, sweet, generous, loving, helpful and an absolute joy to be around, Matthew who is forever in our hearts, who taught us patience, who taught us that life doesn't always go as planned, who we were told we would never meet alive, who gave us 10 wonderful weeks on this Earth and who forever changed me, and Samantha our long awaited princess that has shown us that miracles do happen, who is perfect in every way and is a great sleeper and eater.

I am thankful that we are surrounded by amazing family and friends.  Family and friends who make life easier, who put forth effort and who make us feel as though we are an important part of their lives.  We are truly spoiled and I know Kaitlyn and Samantha are building such amazing bonds and relationships with those people that they will carry with them forever.

I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads that is plenty big enough for us, a park in the backyard, healthy doggies that add to our lives, heat, warmth, food in our bellies and laughter in our hearts.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving surrounded by those that they love.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

beautiful. ♥ to you and your family...

Jen said...

Well said Denise! I hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving! <3