Monday, May 21, 2007

05/21/07

Well, it's been a while since an update so here it goes :)

I am now 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant, which is over the halfway point, yay!! I've already gained 25 pounds and about 14 inches around my belly. We don't get to feel Matthew kick too much. Instead of having a standard 3 vessel cord he only has 2 vessels and so he is small for gestational age. So, we run a risk of having him early, but in the meantime I have an awesome doctor who is watching him very carefully to make sure he's getting everything he needs to grow.

Last Monday, we went in for a fetal echogram of the heart. It was pretty neat. We saw every aspect of the heart that there is to see at this age. Everything looked great and we'll go back mid-July to check things out again.

Kaitlyn is doing wonderful in Speech Therapy. She's made an incredible amount of progress in the last 2 weeks. One of her biggest hurdles before had been adding the sounds to ends of words like "eat, bus, ouch" and so on. She's mastered that. She does it on her own about 95% of the time. Her therapist believes she'll surpass what is normal for her age in the next 2-3 months.

We got Kaitlyn enrolled in school. If all goes well and they waive the income limits for us (we make too much, but since Kaitlyn has an expressive speech delay they may waive it) she'll start this fall. She'll be in preschool 5 days a week, 4 hours a day! That seems like such a long time at such a young age. I figure, we'll take it one day at a time and then determine if it's the best course of action for her and for us.

We got a "new to me" car! Well, it's a minivan. It's perfect for us. Kaitlyn's long legs no longer kick the seat in front of her, I don't have to struggle to get her in her car seat because there's enough room and she loves, I mean LOVES, having her own window to look out of. She's constantly saying "What's that" to everything we pass by. Plus, I LOVE not having to get up with the son to take Dusty to work on the days I need a car. Now, we'll have plenty of room with Matthew's car seat and since the middle row is captain chairs, they can be close without being able to touch each other!

We are trying to plan the next couple of months out. We have so many things we want to do and we need to get Matthew's room in order.

In June we need to pick a couple of days to go to Monterey so David can do my Maternity pictures on the beach (thanks again). We are also planning a trip to Great America for the last weekend of the month. On top of that, throw in Father's Day, My birthday, Christy's birthday and Jamie's birthday. In July we have the fourth, My mom's birthday, Christina's birthday and Dusty's dad's birthday plus the baby shower. We also promised Kaitlyn another trip to Discovery Kingdom to see Thomas and I don't really want to go in August, it'll be so hot and I'll be so big haha.

I really wanted Matthew's room ready by the end of June, but even with everyone who has offered to help, I just don't see how that's going to happen :(

No comments: