Friday, May 4, 2007

05/04/07

This is has been a LONG week.

First of all, it's the first week of the month, which means rent time, which means that people are at your door all hours of the day and night with silly requests that they *think* might get them out of their rent. You know the "I think my paint is peeling on the upper right corner of my bathroom ceiling so I want to withhold rent until it's painted" Then the explanation of "legally, that isn't grounds to withold rent, but we'll gladly fix that tomorrow morning, would you like us to pick up your rent then or do you want to drop it off?"

Awww, the joys of it all.

Tuesday morning, Kaitlyn went and got the TB shot to be tested for Tuberculosis. The nurse certainly wasn't the most gentle of creatures and Kaitlyn ended up in a flood of tears and my ears admist blood curdling screams for help.

Tuesday afternoon we went car shopping without much luck. Evidently, I'm too picky haha. I like to think of it as I just know what I want. Kaitlyn was so good that she earned a Big Kid's Meal from Burger King. That gave her a fun Spiderman toy which she immediatly fell in love with. I think I actually heard her say "Sponge Bob who" at one point!

Wednesday morning Kaitlyn decided that she didn't want diapers, she only wanted panties. Actually, she only wanted Cinderella panties. The problem was, she didn't want to stop playing long enough to go pee pee on the potty. After three pairs and three cleanings in an hour, I told her "panties all gone for today" and we went back to diapers. When she's ready to go potty on the toilet, we'll talk ;)

On Thursday, we went back to the doctor's office. Kaitlyn had her TB test read, which was of course negative and we found out that she needed a heel prick to finish her medical evaluation for pre-school. Great, another needle right? Kaitlyn recognized the nurse and started screaming and clawing up me to get away! It was no bueno my friends.

As soon as we finished up there, we headed to the preschool. Kaitlyn was so excited. She made friends while I filled out 45 minutes of paperwork.

We went back to work for a little while and Kaitlyn helped me do laundry. She played with a little boy in the complex and made sure Archie didn't cry. She was a lot of help!

Thursday night, we went to Dusty's parents for a little while. Kaitlyn played with Camaryn and then we came home. That was followed with more laundry and bed making and some picking up.

This morning, we went back to the doctor (A vaccine was given at the wrong time and she needs it for school) where Kaitlyn was far from a happy camper. We then ran by Dusty's parents to pick up some keys before they went out of town.

Today Kaitlyn has speech therapy, we have to go back by the school, we are going to a dinner at Dusty's bosses house and we have to pack.

We are leaving at 9 tomorrow for a night of camping! It should be a lot of fun!

On Monday we are having an ultra sound and we should get some 3-D pictures! Hopefully Matthew's developed some more fat tissue in his face so they'll be really cute!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: