Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life is so short



And I think sometimes we tend to forget that.  Maybe it's human nature to get caught up in the drama, the negative and the he said/she said crap that contribute to our days slipping away.  We try so hard to be so perfect sometimes I think we lose focus of what is truly important.

I don't think I've ever heard of someone laying on their death bed thinking "I wish I would have done the laundry more often" or "Gosh, I hope the picture frames are all dusted on the top."  I'm not saying it's ok to let your house rival hoarders, but, is it really necessary to dust every single day?

My resolution this year is to have life be simpler.  I've learned if I have less stuff, less dusting, right?  And that leaves more time for playing outside or practicing Eskimo Kisses.

Part of that too is making time for those who matter and who I not only love and adore, but that I like spending time with.  I think it's silly to spend time with people we think we should for one reason or another when that time could be spent creating quality memories.

I want a life filled with laughter, memories and good times.  I want my kids to grow up with fond memories of a happy, stable, fun childhood.  I want everyday to count and every moment to matter.

What are your wishes?  What do you wish you spent more time focusing on?  What do you think is your biggest time drainer?  Is it worth it?

No comments: