Baby's Growth and Development at 14 Weeks PregnantWhile many areas of your baby's body are becoming further refined during the 14th week of pregnancy, much of the development this week focuses on your baby's small reproductive system:
- When you're 14 weeks pregnant, your baby is about the length of your clenched fist.
- In boys, the prostate gland is forming. In girls, ovaries are moving into her pelvis from her abdominal area.
- Your baby's thyroid gland now is working and making hormones.
- By your 14th week of pregnancy, your baby's palate, or the roof of his mouth, has completely formed.
- Your baby already might be or soon will begin growing body hair, called lanugo, which will temporarily keep your baby warm until his baby fat accumulates.
- His head will grow to four times its current size and increase 60 times in volume by the time of his birth.
In less than 2 weeks we'll know exactly what we are having. I'm still determined to have a Dr. Suess nursery, but we're stuck between 2.
If we are having a girl, we are going to go with this bedding and bright yellow walls:
If we are having a boy, we are going to go with this bedding and similar walls:
We hope everyone else is doing well :)