Tuesday, December 11, 2012

38 weeks pregnant

Yup.

Another week has passed and we are a completely normal (well, just about), full term, pregnant family.







I'm ready to go.  I'm beyond ready to go.  If I went to my appointment tomorrow and my doctor asked me if I wanted to go ahead and deliver right then, drug free, I would probably say yes.  As long as there was enough time for Dusty to get there.

I'm sore, I'm tired and I'm ready to see who she looks like.  I'm ready to see if Samantha "gets" it.  I'm ready to see what our routine will be like.  I'm ready to find out if she really is a lot bigger than her sisters were.  I had a dream last night that she had blue eyes.  Like, really, really, really blue eyes.  Bluer than Kaitlyn's.  It could have had a lot to do with watching Breaking Bad before bed and hearing a cashier describe one of the character's eye color...

But, we're on the 8 day countdown and I have no doubts that next Wednesday is going to be here before I know it.  Considering I haven't done much shopping or wrapping since last week, I really need to get to it.  I just really need to find time to go by myself, it's getting harder and harder to get Samantha in and out of the car, in and out of baskets and then entertain her while I try to even look at my list.  I end up exhausted and giving up an hour and 1-2 stores in.  I need a marathon shopping day!

Tomorrow I have my last doctor's appointment.  Tonight I take my last baby aspirin.  We are at the end.

This week, I've managed to get the girls pictures done, our Christmas cards finished and all ordered and sent.  Kaitlyn only took 3 pictures before she said she was done.  1 her eyes were closed and 1 she was being goofy and said that I had to never share it because it would ruin her life.  But, for the first time ever, Samantha was super excited about having her pictures taken.  That NEVER happens.  So, I took advantage of it.  It actually makes me want to drag the lights in and do her 2 year pictures that I haven't done yet...  But, I haven't...


 It's amazing what the promise of a candy cane can bring...


We're still doing Elf on a Shelf.  Kaitlyn goes back and forth still between believing and not believing.  When Samantha notices it, she giggles, but she doesn't really seem too interested.


As the photo suggests, some days I have more enthusiasm than others.  So far, the elf has read stories to Boots and Swipper, has dangled from Kaitlyn's Christmas chain and left a special North Pole Apple (it was a Fuji, but Kaitlyn swears it tastes like snow and candy canes), taken a nap in our glitter garland in the living room, hidden in the cherry candy canes, used snow to write on the bathroom window, left Kaitlyn a letter while bathing in marshmallows (which Kaitlyn snuck way too many of), dangled from the ceiling fan in the playroom after bringing back candy canes he made himself, hidden in the garland in the kitchen and finally wrote out a message in chocolate chips on the dining room table.  

So, we've managed to both stay busy and relax.  Since this is our last weekend before we had in a newborn, we have nothing planned.  I'm hoping it stays that way, I am exhausted!

No comments: