Tuesday, August 7, 2012

20 weeks and happy anniversary

Half way there! Woo-hoo!

Little baby __________ is measuring 12 ounces, still a girl, loves sucking on her fingers and is stubborn as can be. It looks like she'll have sleep habits more like Kaitlyn and less like Samantha. My cervix is an awesome 3.6cm and my complete anterior placenta previa is now a marginal anterior placenta previa, which is good news. The hope is my placenta's position will shift as the uterus grows and all will be well.

I now get to have my weekly injection appointment, bi-weekly ob appointment and bi-weekly peri appointment and ultrasound. Once I hit this stage with Samantha it felt like I was constantly going to the doctors, it felt like time flew. We really should decide on a name (don't worry, there is an app for that and I did download it). Then start going through baby things. All we really need to get is a car seat and double stroller and I am so torn on strollers. I finally found a single stroller I am in love with and I've been trying those out since Kaitlyn was a toddler! Obviously, we have plenty of girl things lol.

I had every intention of taking a first belly pic today. Then, we were running late. Then, it was hot, then I forgot to take my Zantac and was miserable. Then the ac went out at home and I was more miserable, swollen and gross. So, I'm shooting for tomorrow.

Today, Dusty and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary. We were so naive and innocent then. A few days before, we were hit by a drunk driver and I spent some time in labor and delivery being monitored for contractions. I was just shy of 27 weeks pregnant. They went away on their own. That was the closest we had ever been to something in our lives being not ok. Since then, we've had a little girl, buried a son after a high risk pregnancy, hospital bed rest and a premature delivery, experienced 3 miscarriages, welcomed another little girl and are dealing with another high risk pregnancy. And everything in between. We may not always enjoy the same movies, or agree on every tiny detail, and we've both rolled our eyes a time or two, but on all the medium and big things, we see eye to eye, we laugh at the same stupid jokes, enjoy the same immature cartoons, put our family first and are there when it really matters. There isn't anyone else I could have survived the last 5 years with or would want to envision the rest of my life with.

20 weeks down, 19 weeks and 3 days left until an eternity with our family complete.

No comments: