Tuesday, July 24, 2012

18 weeks pregnant

"Nothing worth having is easy."

Ain't that the truth!

In just a couple weeks, we will be halfway to our due date. It feels like time is both racing by and going at the slowest possible rate. This is easily the hardest pregnancy I've had. Yes, even compared to Matthew. At least I had the ability to be naive, and there was only a week or two where I worried about whether or not I would get to viability. And, there was only one pregnancy complication that I had to deal with.

This time, it seems like it's one thing after another. I'm much more tired, I have a hard time feeling a lot of kicks, which leads me to believe that the stubborn placenta has not shifted as the uterus grows. I'm dizzy all the time, still battling nausea every day and I seriously have reflux so bad that it makes me dread eating.

But, in 5 months, I'm going to wonder how it could have went so fast. I'm going to look back and thing "it wasn't that bad." And I'm going to marvel over a little princess.

Samantha on the other hand, I'm not sure how she is going to handle it. Her and Kaitlyn both show a lot of tendencies of jealousy when it comes to one getting attention, even if it's just from Archie or Chico. At least Kaitlyn is old enough to have a discussion with and reason with.

We have nearly everything we need for the baby already. Our shopping list is pretty short. In the next couple weeks (probably after Kaitlyn goes back to school) I am going to go and test drive some double strollers. I know it's going to be hard. I finally found the absolutely perfect single stroller for our family and I know there isn't a chance in the world I'll find a double stroller that is so light and easy to steer. I've started gathering things I need to work on the projects I'm going to make for her. If I gather enough energy, I might even include photos and tutorials as I work on them. ;)

I haven't taken a single belly shot. But, I feel like I look ginormous. I figure I'll start them in a couple weeks. :)

Until then, only 2 more weeks until our next Ultrasound. Only 149 days until the last possible day we'll deliver (39w3d, December 21), 152 days until we hopefully bring her home (I'm hoping for quick recovery and going home on Christmas Eve!), and 153 days until Christmas and her due date!

No comments: