Tuesday, October 15, 2013

6 years

Since we said good-bye.
Since we gave final kisses.
Since we said the deepest of prayers.
Since we gave hours of hugs.
Since we changed.  Forever.

It's hard to believe that six years have passed since Matthew died.  I can still remember so many things.  I can remember how his hair went just past his ears.  It was so silky and so dark.  But, so thin on top.

I can remember him trying so hard not to smile, and being so stubborn.

I can remember him eating his hand.  All the time. 

I can remember cuddling him.  Teaching him to nurse.  Never wanting to put him down.

6 years is such a long time.

Matthew is forever missed.  Forever gone and forever here.  He is a part of everything we do and everything we are.  He is why we do what we do.  His life brought us so much hope and so much happiness.  His death brought so much heartache and so much sadness.

We love you our little prince.

No comments: