Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Christmas Baby

Shortly after we returned from Alabama, things felt a bit off.

Just to rule things out, I took a pregnancy test, fully expecting to see one line come across it and put the notion out of my mind. We certainly hadn't been trying and weren't entirely sure we would try again. Imagine my surprise when within seconds a second line appeared.

Pregnant.

I was in disbelief. I took several more tests of several brands. Before I allowed myself to find truth in it, I needed to be sure. Every single one was positive.

I'm excited and surprised to announce that we're building a snow baby.


 Our little one is due on Christmas day, December 25, 2012.

Which makes me 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Morning sickness has been horrific and it seems, I so far, will not have the easy breezy pregnancy I had with Kaitlyn and Samantha. After some scary bleeding at 6 weeks, I was sent in for an ultrasound.

An ultrasound at 6 weeks and 2 days showed a baby, right where it should be with a healthy heart rate of 116 bets per minute. It also showed a subchorionic hematoma between the baby and uterine wall. It's relatively small, which is amazing. But, it doesn't mean the bleeding is any less stressful. It does mean I'm not supposed to be lifting or carrying, I should be staying off my feet and drinking a ridiculous amount of water.

We haven't told Kaitlyn yet. My next appointment is next Thursday. As long as all goes well, we will tell her after that.

In the meantime, did you know there are only 223 days left until Christmas?

5 comments:

Danielle said...

What a surprise! Congrats :) kudos to you! I am way too scared to venture onto our second kid... 'blessed is the man whose quiver is full!' congrats again :)

Lj82 said...

OMG! Congratulations!!! A Christmas baby- so exciting!!! :) Wishing you an uneventful pregnancy. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on baby #4 :) You are way braver than me. TWO IS ENOUGH! haha. Congrats!

Tiffany said...

wow, congrats! such great news!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! A Christmas baby has to be just about the best present ever.