Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Everywhere I turn.

You know, even though it's only December 1, when I go out and explore the world, I could easily guess it was much further in the month.  Old Navy has already marked down their winter clothes (20 days before Winter even begins and really just weeks after we started getting any cool weather at all!) and have the spring line out and on display.  Seriously people, it's December 1.

I am usually pretty torn on whether or not I like Christmas starting so early.  Normally, I love the holiday season.  It's so warm and comfy.  It's a time of spending together, watching the look of wonder on the littlest of faces, sharing the most amazing birth story imaginable and seeing minds of growing kids spinning with questions how Santa could really do so much.

It's the time of year we not only relax and enjoy our family and friends, but that we also rush as fast as we can do to as much as possible.  We take more pictures in December than I bet we do the rest of the year combined!

Normally, I decorate the day after Thanksgiving and pack it all up the day after Christmas because if I had to look at it for even another moment I would stress out from the clutterness of it all.  This year, I didn't.  I haven't decorated yet.  I'm going to try and put it off as long as I can.  I'm thinking maybe next weekend?  I'm sure that I'll be spending a lot of time keeping Samantha out of the tree, even with the gate around it, and I'm just not looking forward to that aspect.  I also want to enjoy the beauty of the decorations all season without reaching that point where I am beyond ready to put it all away.

And, because I haven't decorated yet, to be honest, it doesn't really feel like Christmas yet.  It's one of those catch 22's I suppose...

How about you, when do you normally start decorating?

No comments: