Sunday, October 26, 2008

Steps in Happiness

When we start doing things for others we encounter in our lives, we are rewarded with the clear vision of the greatest riches in life.

One of the hardest things for some to do is release themselves from the stress of anger and hurt. But, when you are free of the anger and hurt, the sky is bluer, the laughs come easier and the smiles are ever present.

There was a point in my life where I would hold onto anger much like I would a happy memory, only not so happy. I would let it store up and fester, allowing it to breed and turn into something much more dramatic than necessary. Not anymore. I learned a while ago that life is so short and so incredibly precious and amazing that there is no reason to punish yourself with the hurt and the anger. There is someone who you can push it onto and who will resolve it from your system. All you have to do is ask Him.

I've never been too fond of organized religion. I suppose in a way, I have never been fond of others outlining what kind of relationship I can have with God. I have always found my relationship with God to be something personal and I have found that with more time that passes, it is something that grows stronger.

Having a relationship with someone you cannot see and cannot feel is not an easy thing. It is a relationship built on faith and trust. Two very hard things to build, especially when those who chose not to have that relationship, for whatever reason, seem to have a desire to tear it down bit by bit. We see it in the media, we see it in the evil of the world, it's everywhere you turn around.

Anyways, I have found that there are some very easy things you can do to have a happy, sunnier life, and I thought I would share them with you :)

* Release yourself of the pain and anger you have. The weight of the world will be lifted off your shoulders and you will feel free.

* Stay out of it. If there is drama around you, stay out of it. There is no benefit to it, it's an endless cycle that isn't worth the energy

* Cherish each and every moment you have, end every day as though it is your last

* Every Day do one nice thing for someone around you expecting nothing in return

* Every Day take 5 minutes for you

* Do not take any moment or any relationship in your life for granted

* Trust in God. Allow Him to carry any burdens for you


Today was a good day. Tomorrow promises to be better since Dusty will get home :) I am incredibly grateful for the Amazing Family and Incredible Friends I am blessed to have in my life.

No comments: