Monday, October 22, 2007

Thank you- Matthew's services

Matthew's services were today. It was easily the 2nd hardest day of my life, the first being the day we lost our precious angel.

Matthew looked good. He looked better than we expected, but not like himself. We went to the funeral home before the services so that we could talk to Kaitlyn and say our good-byes. Kaitlyn held his hand, told him she loved him and said bye bye.

Matthew's coffin was perfect. It was light blue and looked like a fluffy blue cloud. The services were really nice and I think honored him very nicely. He was able to fit into the preemie suit we bought him while I was in the hospital.

I wanted to thank everyone for all that they did.

Thank you to my parents, Grandma and Grandpa and Dusty's parents, Nana and Papa for taking care of the arrangements.

Thank you to Auntie Christy for taking care of the special touches.

Thank you to Auntie Christina and Auntie Sammie for being here.

Thank you to Aunt Alicia for making the beautiful DVD. Although it's really hard to watch right now, I know we'll treasure it.

I haven't had the energy to go through all of the cards yet, but thank you so much to everyone for your kindness, compassion and generosity. It means the world to us. We're trying to come up with a way to use the money to honor him and memoralize him.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who came today to honor Matthew's memory. Dusty and I are incredibly blessed to have so many amazing friends. While Matthew will always be missed more than words can ever express, it is comforting to know that he touched the lives of so many. Thank you to those who traveled so far, Penny, Mike, Savannah and Sawyer, your kindness means the world to me. Thank you to Aunt Stephanie, Hope, Uncle Ray and Uncle Calvin. We know the traveling isn't easy, but we do appreciate it.

Thank you to everyone at the Mooselodge for providing such wonderful refreshments.

Thank you to EVERYONE that sent such gorgeous flowers. Matthew has the prettiest site in Baby Land right now. We'll be sure to keep it that way.

I will work on thank you cards as soon as I can, but please, know how much you mean to me and how we will always appreciate everything you've done. Matthew was one special angel.

We would both like to thank everyone that has contributed to the March of Dimes on behalf of Matthew. I didn't expect anyone to do so, but the fact that so many have done so much on behalf of our little boy means the absolute world to us.

No comments: